Monday, February 22, 2010

Blessings

My job has been causing me much stress lately.  I have been worried about not having a full time job for several months.  I guess that is what happens when all new management comes in. 

Last week, my worst fears were coming true.  My bosses were talking about cutting my hours from 40/week to 30/week.  I know that might not sound like much, but 30/week means no benefits and a significant cut in salary.  Basically, I work all but 1 weekend a month.  If I could work every weekend, then that would be full time.  If I could work every weekend, I wouldn't have a problem.  I can't work every weekend.  As it is, I only get 1 weekend off a month.  In exchange for that 1 weekend off, I work 10 hrs during the week (2-5hr days).  Well, they are not happy with me doing 2-5hr days, because, sometimes I need to change days.  Mostly, I do Tuesday and Friday, but some weeks I may change that because of my kids.  That is not good enough for them.  They want set hours on set days, or my hours will be cut.  It has been killing me.  I don't know what to do, and I hate asking for help. 

I had to swallow my pride (funny, this weeks church sermon was on pride) and ask for help.  Luckily, I have 1 person I could ask.  She has been there since I started going to my church.  She has helped me through a lot.  I meet her when I first started going through my divorce.  She has seen my through my divorce, and I have seen her go through her seperation.  She has helped me a lot.  I have tried to help her too.  That's the way that I think people should be.  Help when you can, because you never know when you will need help in return.  I asked, she prayed, and she said that she can help.

This post is a THANK YOU.  Thanks Carmen for all your help!  Thanks for being there when I need you, I just hope and pray that I can ever repay you!

No comments:

Post a Comment