Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WFMW-Home Made Cranberry Sauce/Bathroom Demo Completion


I hate canned cranberry sauce...so do my kids. It is terribly tart and to me just plan yuck. However, give me homemade, yummy! The great thing about homemade, you can make it as sweet or as tart as you like. In keeping with the holiday, WFMW-Homemade Cranberry Sauce-super easy and yummy.
1-12oz bag of whole cranberries
1 cup of sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
1 cup of water
Place all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan. Cook on med-high until boiling and all cranberries have burst (once boiling it is only minutes). At that point you can place in a bowl, I however place in a blender to blend then place in a bowl. You can also skim off the burst cranberries if you prefer a jelly instead of a jam-your choice.
I am almost done with the bathroom demolition. My plan is to have it completed today, as well as prepare what I can for tomorrow. We are eating our meal at noon tomorrow, so everything that can be made ahead needs to be done. I plan on installing the sub-floor for under the tub tomorrow, like I have nothing better to do....ha ha. I need to do it tomorrow while I have help to carry in the 3ft by 5 ft piece of 1/2 in plywood....it's too big and bulky for just me to handle. The sooner I get it in, the sooner the shower base can go in. Yahoo!!!
Already this morning I have been the the grocery store and bought my last minute supplies for dinner tomorrow. I have also been to Ace Hardware to by the rest of the pluming supplies for the shower base. Took my youngest to school (he was late for the bus). Made my cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and started the green beans. My girls helped me tip and snap the beans, so that was a big help. I also removed the remainder of the tile floor....just a little more wall tile to remove and demo is done!! Been a little busy, but the sooner it is done, the better.
Well, I got a lot of work left to do today, so I better get going. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Mixing in a bit of marmalade is also good.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God...how much coffee do you drink? I'd have to drink a gallon just to WATCH you do all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, props to you! You have done a great job! So busy and productive! You just inspired me to not wait for hubby to watch Leala, before I get things done.. I'll just try to do them with her.. The sooner I get this stuff done, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca- I have on Venti Caramel Macc from Starbucks eveyday...sometimes I do get a second though.

    EMD-I am a bit of an advantage-my youngest is 5, and loves to help mommy repair, my other 3 kids can entertain themselves. I do have an incentive though..my folks won't come back from Florida until their bathroom is done..so it has to be done for Christmas. My kids are a big help, and right now the girls are cleaning up the tile I just got done removing. Only 4 more tiles left, but they are really stuck on hard. 4 more tiles and 1 ft x 6 in patch of plaster to remover....demo done YEA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah homemade cranberry sauce-have to get hubby to do while I am working. I love it too.
    I got tired reading your blog and didnt get anything done LOL

    ReplyDelete