Welcome to the Holiday edition of 25 Things About Me.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Then change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper...I love to wrap, just like my Grandma
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, too much money to buy a real one every year. I bought my pre-lit artificial tree after Christmas one year for $9.00
3. When do you put up the tree? Anytime after Thanksgiving, when I have time. No less than 2 weeks before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get tired of looking at it, one year it was up until Feb. Usually the first week in Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO!!!, Unless it is a full glass of rum with a splash of eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one I remember most was a family gift. It was a VCR.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My sister
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself! Other than that, my youngest son.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? More than one. Have a Precious Moments one, and one from Ecuador, as well as others.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A pot. My first Christmas married, my new husband bought me one pot for Christmas....that was it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't really like Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Who hasn't. Of course I have
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Biscuit covered Sausage rolls. aka Pigs in a Blanket. They are only made for Christmas morning.
16. Lights on the tree? White lights. Much easier now, since my tree is pre-light.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Greensleeves or Little Drummer Boy
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, unless I have to work. I work every other Christmas, only problem with being a nurse, people are sick 365 days/year
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yea!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The "I want this". I am very lucky, my kids have only asked for 1 thing each (Twin 1 just wants family form Florida to visit, Twin 2 wants 4 packs of gum, Son 1 wants Nintendo DS-actually he has wanted that for 2 years, son 2 wants a pirate ship)
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Birds. Not realistic looking feathery birds, but glass Christmas birds. They have to be small, about 1-2 inches long.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Being with family. I don't care what we eat. Usually we have two main courses, ham and lasagna. Don't ask-it's a thing about where I grew up.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? What I really want every year, my kids to be happy and to be with family.
If you do this be sure to leave a comment so we can all stop by and check out your list.