Thursday, May 28, 2009
Getting poison ivy is the worse. I know first hand, as I am just getting over my first brush with it this year. Well, I just got back from taking my youngest, Danny, to the doctor as he had this small rash right under his eye. I knew he had some poison ivy around his ankles, forearms, and right around his chin. It's just that what was under his eye looked more like a bulls eye (ie Lymes). So, off to the doctor. If it was Lymes, he would need antibiotics, if it was poison ivy, then not good near his eyes. Turns out, Poison Ivy. Since he is still breaking out, and it is right under his eye, he is now on steroids. I am torn about the steroids. I hate having to give it to him, but don't want poison ivy rash in his eyes. Now, I have a hyper 6 yr old dancing all around......as if he wasn't hyper enough. Oh how I hate Poison Ivy.....guess I just need to bite the bullet, wrap myself up head to toe and go pull it out....not my idea of fun.