Thursday, February 18, 2010

My baby....

Happy Birthday D.  Yes, you are still my baby, even at 7yrs old.  You will always be my little man, even if you are 6 ft 4 and 30ys old.  Please don't change your loving spirit.  You are so loving and caring.  You are so precious. 

This year you finially got your wish to know what it was like when you were born...30+ inches of snow on the ground. 

Seven years ago, we were in the midst of a major Nor'easter.  Record amounts of snow falling, and I was scheduled for a c-section on Feb 17.  Given the snow, you would not be born on the 17th, since the doctor could not get to the hospital.  Sure, me and Poppie laughed at that fact.  When the doctor was finially able to make it to the hospital, he called and asked if I could make it to the hospital..no problem.  Early morning on the 18th, Poppie, Me and your dad got into Poppie's truck.  Poppie drove us to the hospital.  Many a car was seen in the ditches, but luckily for us, we had Poppie to drive us in his 4 wheel drive truck (not to mention Poppie was a Colorado State Trooper in his past).  We safely make it to the hospital.  We were the only crazies able to make it there for an elective surgery.  Since I was the only one there, the doctor offered to let Poppie and daddy go into the delivery room.  Unfortunety, the hosital did not have a scrub set for Poppie.  Poppie even offered to drive back home and get his own, but it was not to be.  You always had a special place in Poppie's heart.  Shortly after 9am on Feb 18, 2003 you were born.  My baby boy.  I'm glad you had a great day.  May you continue to have a great year. 
Daniel Jackson, I love you and Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Yes he is a dear & special kiddo!Just lovely dauhgter dear! I miss him! And wish I could be htere to celebrate.
    This brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete