Sunday, March 29, 2009

All Alone

Well, my mom, the mommanator to those who know her, left at 7am this morning to go back to Florida. She came up to help me while I had surgery and was confined to the bed. I will miss her, and her cleaning ways. She did all the laundry for me while she was here. That alone is not an easy task. Trying to keep up on the laundry alone is a full time job. Before she left, she managed to move all my furniture around, to make room for new furniture from her NJ house. Her brother drove to my house yesterday to deliver a couch, 2 chairs, a freezer, and his oldest daughter who left with my mom to stay with her for 2 weeks. I am so excited about having a new couch. I know that it is not brand new, but it is only a couple of years old, and it is in much better shape than the one I had. Now, all I have to do is paint my living room, but that will have to wait. The next project in the house has to be redoing my girls' room. After that, then another bathroom remodel. These remodels will not be nearly as involved as that last remodel. The girls' room only need wallpaper stripped and painted. The other bathroom is a little more involved, as the current floor needs to be removed, a little sub-floor repair, then install a new floor. Then new cabinet and sink, wallpaper removal, and paint. I have been wanting to do the floor in there for quite a while, but am a little scared about the sub-floor. I don't know why, but sub-flooring is a little tricky. After those 2 rooms, then painting the living rooms, then I will have to have all my hardwood floor refinished, not to mention a new front porch-hey, anyone want to come and help? By the time I do all this, then it will be time to start over....oh, the joys of owning a house. At least I am still one of the lucky ones, and I am still able to think about remodeling my house, and not worring about when it will be foreclosed. Actually, I love house remodeling. It is so exhilarating to see it all come together. So, what are your passions?

3 comments:

  1. I love remodeling, too. Gardening. Cooking. Traveling. Sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I am jealous of people like you that can get a project in their mind and see it to finish. I am terrible about that. I would like to think I loved remodeling...but I am not good at it.
    I am passionate about photography, but still not good at that, but learning new things everyday.

    ReplyDelete