Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday-Surgery

Well, I'm done with surgery. The doctor said things were better than first believed. He only had to clean out the joint, no ligament repair was needed. After getting in there and seeing everything, he said the ligaments looked like they had healed some and were not as bad as first believed, so he just cleaned out the joint. Apparently, the joint was riddled with several bone fragments. One was as big as the end of a thumb...fairly large. At least the removal of the bone fragments should stop all the pain I was having. The best part, recovery is more like 2 weeks, not 8+ weeks as first thought.

My bathroom is basically done. It is finally completely usable. The only thing not completed is the painting. I refuse to pay someone to paint, especially when talking about 100 sq feet. It's just a waste of money to me, not to mention I am a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to painting, and even though they do this for a living, it would not be up to my standard. Better I just paint it myself and be happy then pay someone and be upset that it is not exactly perfect. At least the shower is usable, the sink is working, and the trim is all up. Looks so different, and wonderful just the way it is. I can deal until I can paint. I can't wait to take a shower in it (just in time since I am now stuck downstairs for the next few weeks).

Well, I really should be resting instead of computing, so I better go lay down, prop my foot and enjoy the meds.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went so well, and also that you are getting some rest. You need it to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things went well and it wasn't as bad as you thought.. and the recovery time is much less! Yay for you! Rest up! You need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things went well for the surgery and that the bathroom is done. Now it is time for healing...so keep those feet up and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad the surgery went well too. Keep that foot up!

    ReplyDelete