Friday, November 14, 2008

Baked Fried Chicken, and twins


Twin #1 is in red
Twin #2 is in blue.
They are 8 yrs old, and my middle kids. I have boys flanking them. They all love to fight with each other, but the love each other very much. I will show you pictures of my boys later. You have seen my youngest already, he is the one helping me tear apart my bathroom. Back to my recipe swap.
Gayle over at http://grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com/ is having a recipe swap, so here is mine. This is my girls favorite, and it is real simple.


Baked Fried Chicken
Ingredients

6-8 pieces of chicken
1 cup of Bisquick
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp parsley
1/4 stick of butter
Heat oven to 400 degrees, cut butter into quarters and place in baking pan. Melt butter in pan.
While butter is melting, place all ingredients except butter and chicken in a bowl and mix (can add spices to suit taste). Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan/butter. Cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then decrease temp down to 350 degrees and turn chicken over. Cook for 30 minutes more, or until done. That's it. Serve with your favorite sides, we like mashed potatoes and green beans.


By the way, the answer to your questions is "No, it is not the same girl, and Yes, they are twins" Actually, when people usually ask I tell them that "No, they are not twins, but it was a buy one get one free sale at the hospital". As a mom of twins, you get certain questions asked over and over. The other answer to your question is, "I tell them apart by looking at them, they don't look alike." I love being a mom of twins, but certain questions get old after a while. My girls like different things, and have totally different personalities. It makes sense, since they are different people. That is the one thing I wish people would understand about identical twins, they are different people. They have different likes and dislikes.

5 comments:

  1. I see that they are twins, but you can see the differences between them too

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey love the recipe. Love them twins! MINE!
    O by the way awhile ago you asked what we thought the red flower was. Is it Lovely Lycoris or Blood Lily? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Like your snowflake too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of breast milk... I just couldn't do it. Why couldn't you feed your son directly from the breast? Just curious. I know not everyone is in the situation where I am, where I can do it anytime. :)

    When I was pregnant with my daughter, there was another sac.. the egg didn't develop, which still kinda gets to me even now.. I know it's not like we lost a baby, it's about what could have been though. My husband was on deployment and my family was 1100 miles away.. and I had to mourn about the loss of a potential life by myself.. It was rough.. I hope for twins next time. :)

    ReplyDelete