Friday, November 21, 2008

One Sick Pup/Making Soap

Well, my eldest is under the weather. On Wednesday afternoon, I had to pick him up from school early, because he was starting to run a fever. He had to stay home from school Thursday and today. He is running a fever of 101.2. That's it, no vomiting, no stuffy nose, just a fever. Of course, when he is running a fever his head hurts and joints ache, but isn't that normal for anyone running a fever over 101?


Because he is sick, and this is my week to work, I haven't been able to do much on the bathroom. I did however buy the new shower base, faucet, and plumbing supplies. I had to order the base and it will be in on Tuesday November 25. That should give me just enough time to put in the rough plumbing (re-run the supply lines-since I had to remove the old because they were falling apart), place sub-flooring plywood over the existing sub-floor (just for added support, as well as filling in a huge gaping hole from where they cut out the old sub-floor for the old tub drain), as possibly lay down the new vinyl floor. If I don't get the rough plumbing done, it is not that big of a deal, because I can still do it after the tub is in place, but it is easier to access without the base in place. I can't wait to go back to Lowe's and buy the tile. I am really getting excited. It is fun to watch it all come together.


Next week my oldest 3 have no school. They have Thanksgiving break. They will need to help me in the bathroom for sure. One day next week, I plan to have a soap making day. Me and my girls will make soap. I plan on giving soap and fizzy bath bombs to the teachers as Christmas presents. I've made soap in the past, and it is fun to watch the fats and lye transform into soap. In school the girls have been studying matter and how you can change matter from liquids to solids by adding heat or other chemical reactions. I thought that it would be fun for them to see the chemical reaction take place by stirring. (Yea, I'm a science geek). My mom always says that I live at Little House on the Prairie.

5 comments:

  1. hope your oldest feels more himself soon

    have fun making soap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty cool...have fun and hope your son is better really soon...fevers suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any problems with it, so it might just be you. I can't change anything about the background, b/c I didn't make it. We'll see how it goes, and I might change backgrounds. :) I love it how it is now though.

    I didn't expect to get the response I did with my story about finding out I was pregnant. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband lightened up the background, so I hope that helps you to be able to read my blog now!

    ReplyDelete