Thursday, November 27, 2008

Flooring



I am finally installing the sub-floor. After we all ate our turkey dinner, I started. I have the new sub-floor down, and am almost ready to apply the thin-set mortar to install the Duarock floor. I have chosen to do it this way to prevent potential water damage.....better safe that sorry. Unfortunately, I unwrapped the new shower base only to discover that there is a major flaw...there's a crack in the base. The biggest problem is that it is a special order item, and it takes a week to come in. So tomorrow I will need to take it back to have a new one ordered. At least I have other work that I can do in the mean time...ie plumbing and walls. I probably will only do the plumbing, but who knows, I may tackle the wainscoting walls. This time tomorrow, I plan on having the new vinyl flooring down. We will see, depends on how long it takes at Lowes for the return/re-order. Need to get a going and get that Duarock down so it can start setting up (mortar takes a while to dry)

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Personally, today I am reminded how lucky I am that I know how to do the bathroom. I am thankful for my dad who taught me, my mom who encourages me to tackle things that I may fear that I can't do, children who enjoy helping, children who all have accepted Christ as their Savior and who love the Lord, a job that pays the bills and allows me to be home with the kids during the week, a home that I can afford, and life in general.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. That is unfortunate about the base being cracked, but at least you have other stuff to be doing. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete